Eureka Entertainment have announced the UK DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Fritz Lang’s M as part of their Masters of Cinema Series on 22nd February 2010. Of all Fritz Lang's creations, none have been more innovative or influential than M, the film that launched German cinema into the sound era with stunning sophistication and mesmerising artistry. A spate of child killings has stricken a terrified Berlin. Peter Lorre gives a legendary performance as the murderer Hans Beckert, who soon finds himself chased by all levels of society.
The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present a stunning high-definition restoration of a definitive classic of world cinema, released on DVD (2-disc set, £19.99 RRP) & Blu-ray Disc (£24.99 RRP). Features include:
- Stunning, restored high-definition transfer in the correct 1.19:1 ratio, with restored sound
- Two audio commentaries: one by German film scholars Anton Kaes and Eric Rentschler; the other featuring film restoration expert Martin Koerber, filmmaker Peter Bogdanovich, historian Torsten Kaiser and excerpts from Bogdanovich's 1965 audio interviews with Lang
- The original 1932 British release version of M, presented in its entirety, recently rediscovered after 70 years, featuring different actors, alternate takes and Peter Lorre's first performance in English
- Zum Beispiel Fritz Lang, a 1968 documentary with Fritz Lang discussing his career in German cinema
- • 48-page illustrated booklet, including writing by Fritz Lang, historian Robert Fischer, details of a missing scene, behind-the-scenes stills and production drawings