Dark Star (UK BD) in January
Following numerous delays, Fabulous Films are now saying the UK Blu-ray Disc release of Dark Star will finally arrive on 23rd January 2012. John Carpenter’s pulp science fiction classic follows a warped intergalactic mission to blow up unstable planets. Dark Star was intended to be a 68 minute student film. Hollywood Producer Jack Harris managed to convince the film-makers to shoot 15 minutes of extra footage and released the expanded version theatrically.
This all new Blu-ray edition has been sourced from an original 16 x 9 35mm theatrical print. The film was originally shot on 16mm, and then blown up to 35mm for theatrical distribution. The new master has been subject to a new grade and extensive manual frame by frame digital restoration with enhance and restored to Dolby Digital 5.1.
Priced at £19.99 RRP, features include:
- Includes the Original Theatrical Version (83mins) and the Director’s Cut version (68mins)
- An all new feature length documentary entitled Let There Be Light (116mins): The Odyssey of Dark Star. Exploring the controversial making of the John Carpenter and writer Dan O’Bannon (Alien) student film.
- Archival interviews with John Carpenter and many more
- Plus the final interview with Dan O’Bannon
- Interview with Brian Narelle, cinematographer Doug Knapp, art director Tommy Lee Wallace, visual effects artist Greg Jein, voice artist Cookie Knapp, film director Jack Harris, Dianne O’Bannon, USC Alumni / director Jeff Burr
- Original Directors Cut of the Feature & Theatrical Cut of the Feature
- Original Film Trailer
- Stills Gallery – Poster Gallery – Lobby Gallery
- New CGI Menus
- Cast & Crew Biographies
- English & Spanish Subtitles