The Big Lebowski 10th AE (R1) in September
Universal Studios Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The Big Lebowski - 10th Anniversary Edition on 9th September 2008. The Coen Brothers’ quirky comedy-thriller about bowling, avant-garde art, nihilistic Austrians, and a guy named…The Dude.
This 2-Disc Anniversary Edition is apparently “loaded with all-new bonus features that will take you beyond the movie” and will include retrospective documentaries, an interactive map and an in-depth look at the phenomenon of the "Lebowski Fest." The full list can be seen below. There will be both a standard release ($19.98 SRP) and a Limited Edition ($34.98 SRP) which features “Bowling Ball Packaging” and is individually numbered.
Disc 1: Main Feature
- 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English and French DD5.1 Surround
- Spanish DD2.0 Surround
- English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
- Introduction by Mortimer Young - Mortimer Young, a practitioner of “non-uptight” film preservation showcases his mind-blowing restoration of the infamous “toe scene.”
- Jeff Bridges Photograph
- The Dude's Life - In this all new bonus feature, Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi and John Turturro take a look back at their performances and how their delivery of the Coen brothers’ dialog became classic movie lines
- The Dude Abides: The Big Lebowski Ten Years Later - A never-before-seen conversation with the cast about the film’s decade-long reign as a cult classic
- Production Notes
- Theatrical Trailer
- The Making of The Big Lebowski
- The Lebowski Fest: An Achiever's Story - An in-depth look at the annual Lebowski Fest, a celebration of The Dude and his world, attended by thousands each year
- Flying Carpets and Bowling Pin Dreams: The Dream Sequences of the Dude - A look at some of the Dude’s trippiest fantasies so fans can learn for the first time how these innovative scenes were created
- Interactive Map - Take a tour of the locations of The Big Lebowski, then and now
- Jeff Bridges Photo Book - For more than 30 years, Jeff Bridges has been snapping pictures on movie sets. The accomplished photographer presents a portfolio of shots taken on the set of The Big Lebowski.
- Photo Gallery
Click to enlarge