Fox Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of State Fair Special Edition for 15th November 2005 priced at $26.98 SRP. Rodgers and Hammerstein's only score written expressly for the screen highlights this delightful film about an Iowa family's adventures at the fair. Jeanne Crain, Dana Andrews and Dick Haymes star.
Also available on November 15th are new Special Edition releases of The Sound of Music and Oklahoma!
This two-disc set features both the Oscar winning original 1945 movie musical starring Jeanne Crain, Dana Andrews and Dick Haymes as well as for the first time ever on DVD the 1962 remake with an all star cast led by Pat Boone, Bobby Darin and Ann ¬Margret. Presented in original theatrical aspect ratio color versions with restored audio 4.0 Surround on the 1962 version and on the 1945 version, which is available in both stereo and mono in English and Spanish subtitles.
- 1945 movie musical with commentary by film historian Richard Barrios and Tom Briggs (co-author of the Broadway musical version of STATE FAIR)
- All new From Page, To Screen, To Stage: A making of documentary that chronicles the story's evolution from a novel, to a 20th Century Fox non musical film, to the 1945 R&H movie musical, the 1962 R&H movie musical remake, finally, as a 1996 Broadway musical
- Still Galleries a wealth of photos from Rogers & Hammerstein's photo archives that provide a glimpse into old Hollywood, the film's set design, wardrobe and lobby cards
- Original theatrical trailer
- Sing Along function in English
- 1962 theatrical film with commentary by Pat Boone never before released on DVD
- ”It Might as Well Be Spring" vintage stage excerpt performed by Mary Martin (South Pacific), host of an all network TV salute to Rodgers & Hammerstein in 1954
- Theatrical trailer
- The 1976 pilot episode of what was to be the STATE FAIR television series